SILK STREET SWING INTERNET BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
All bookings made by Clients are accepted by Silk Street Music Ltd upon the following the terms and conditions which shall form the contract between Silk Street Music Ltd and the Client.
“Silk Street Swing” or any other “Silk Street” entity means Silk Street Music Ltd of, 207 Regent Street, London W1B 3HH
“Artist” means the person or persons contracted with Silk Street Music to provide entertainment.
“Force Majeure” means unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond Silk Street Music Ltd’s control, resulting in events that could not be avoided even if we have taken every possible care. Such circumstances include (but are not limited to) war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire and adverse weather conditions.
The deposit for this booking or engagement is non refundable and payable immediately. The remaining fee for the engagement shall be payable in full no later than one month in advance to Silk Street Music Ltd by cheque, via BACS, or credit or debit card through its website. In the case of Clients that are registered companies, all invoices must be settled within 30 days of receipt of Silk Street Music Ltd Invoice.
Any outstanding performance fees are payable by the Client within 30 days of receipt of invoice. It is understood that Silk Street Music Ltd will exercise its statutory right to claim contractual interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if it is not paid according to agreed credit terms. Late payment will result in the Client being liable for the following charges:
(i) Compensation: an automatic £40 compensatory charge for debt recovery costs.
(ii) Interest: charged at 8% per annum above the Bank of England’s base rate then in force on the outstanding balance.
Any payment outstanding from the Client will be referred to Silk Street Music Ltd’s debt recovery agency or lawyers. All charges and legal fees incurred shall be the responsibility of the Client.
All cancellations must be given in writing to Silk Street Music Ltd and sent to its office address, Silk Street Music Ltd, 207 Regent Street, London W1B 3HH. Cancellation takes effect on the date that such written cancellation is received at its office address.
In the event that the Client cancels a booking, the Client is liable for the following cancellation charges:
(i) Cancellation within 6 months of the event the Client is liable for 50% of the fee.
(ii) Cancellation within 3 months of the event, the Client is liable for 75% of the fee.
(iii) Cancellation within 1 month of the event, the Client is liable for 100% of the fee.
All cancellations and booking form adjustments will incur a £25 administration fee.
If in the unlikely event Silk Street is unavailable to provide the Artist(s), they agree to notify the client in writing and return the deposit and any other fees paid.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
It is agreed that the information as submitted through the Silk Street Swing website forms the basis of the agreement between the Client and Silk Street Music Ltd and the Client warrants that it is accurate.
CLIENTS AGREE TO:
- Provide full details of the required performance including timings, venue details, contacts and special requirements.
- Ensure that no audio and/or visual recording or transmission of the Artist’s performance are made without prior written consent of Silk Street Music Ltd.
- Pay Silk Street Music Ltd the current rate of VAT in addition to the fee overleaf once Silk Street Music becomes VAT registered.
- Ensure that that the equipment and instruments of each Artist performing are not available for use by any other person except by specific permission of the Artist.
- Ensure a safe supply of electricity and the security of the Artists and their property at the venue.
- Provide food and drink for all Artists (including a free supply of mineral water & soft drinks) for the duration of the Artists stay at the event.
- Provide a changing room (preferably lockable) or a space (allocated for Artists only and their property) at the venue for use whilst both performing and in the interval periods.
- Provide or pay for adequate car parking facilities for the Artist(s) vehicles as close to the performance space as possible.
- Provide a safe, appropriate environment to perform in of reasonable temperature, with cover available if the event is outside.
- Advise (in advance) of any sound restrictions at the venue, which may affect the Artist’s performance.
SILK STREET AGREE THAT IT’S ARTISTS WILL:
- Adhere to the dress code as requested by the Client.
- Provide a copy upon request of their own Public Liability insurance to the value of £2 million.
- Arrive, set up and perform at the times stated overleaf.
- Perform the number of sets requested and if the event is running late alter the sets at their discretion to fit the new schedule.
- Leave the event at the finish time stipulated overleaf.
- Provide a performance equal or similar to that advertised on the Silk Street Music website.
- Provide all instruments and equipment necessary for the Artist’s performance.
This Agreement may not be modified or cancelled except by mutual consent, in writing and signed by both parties. By confirming the booking through the Silk Street Swing Website, the Client and Silk Street Music Ltd agree to the Terms and Conditions of the booking.
©The Copyright in this contract belongs to Silk Street Music Ltd. All reproductions strictly prohibited.